Saturday, November 27, 2010

Casey Kasem's American Top 40 - The 80s - November 27th 2010



AT40 the 80s this week November 29th 1980

The Top Ten Singles

10 - Dreaming - Cliff Richard

9 - Love on the Rocks - Neil Diamond
8 - (Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon

7 - Master Blaster (Jammin') - Stevie Wonder

6 - More Than I Can Say - Leo Sayer

5 - I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross

4 - Another One Bites the Dust - Queen

3 - The Wanderer - Donna Summer

2 - Woman in Love - Barbra Streisand
1 - Lady - Kenny Rogers

(3rd of 6 consecutive weeks at #1)



Top Ten Albums

10 - Triumph - The Jacksons

9 - One Step Closer - The Doobie Brothers
8 - Diana - Diana Ross

7 - Crimes of Passion - Pat Benatar

6 - Back in Black - AC/DC

5 - The Game - Queen

4 - Hotter Than July - Stevie Wonder

3 - Greatest Hits - Kenny Rogers

2 - Guilty - Barbra Streisand
1 - The River - Bruce Springsteen

(4th of 4 consecutive weeks at #1)


Springsteen's 5th release and first to reach #1 album on the Billboard 200 album chart.
It was a double album that yielded one top 40 single with "Hungry Heart", which reached #5 on the Hot 100.


(a personal note on this video, I found several clips of this song being done live in concert but the first 2 verses were sung by the crowd. Now this is a pet peeve of mine and why I dont do concerts anymore. I did not pay to sing nor to hear the 10 people around me sing, I paid to here the guy on stage! So I finally found this "video" of the the song where its all sung by Bruce Springsteen).

No comments:

Post a Comment